- General Details
Imagine a Gigantic High-Efficiency Fireplace
This wood fireplace is startling in size and is a logical and environmentally friendly option for any homeowner looking to combine style and high efficiency. With its ornamental façade, it will be the focal point of any room.
- Standard Features
Large wood fireplace. Behind its large glass door, the 4.3 cubic foot combustion chamber can hold an impressive 60 lbs of wood.
Low emissions. This energy efficient fireplace complies with the EPA’s clean-air standards (only 1.6 g/hr of emissions).
High efficiency. The FP-15 fireplace is capable of heating large spaces and burns for 10 hours.
- CLASSIC MOULDED REFRACTORY BRICK PANELS
- PAINTED BLACK “CROWN” STYLE FACEPLATE
- Technical Specs
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
Fuel type : Dry cordwood Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : (*) 1,000 – 2,800 Firebox volume (cu. ft.) : 4.28 Maximum burn time : (*) 10 h Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2) 95,000 BTU/h (27.8 kW) Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2) (3) 16,610 BTU/h (4.9 kW) to 43,021 BTU/h (12.6 kW) Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs / Douglas fir) :(3) N.A. (HHV) (4) N.A. (LHV) (5) Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3) 63.9 % (HHV) (4) 68.4 % (LHV) (5) Optimum efficiency : (6) (7) 69.7 % Average particulate emissions rate : (8) 1.6 g/h Average CO : (9) 157.4 g/h
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
(*) Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
Centre line of flue outlet to the back 11 7/8″ Centre line of flue outlet to the side 25 3/8″ Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion Yes Burn rate <1.5 kg/h (<3.3 lb/h) Automatic or manual adjustment of combustion air supply Yes Maximum log length 25″ Log positioning Over width Chimney diameter 8″ Minimum chimney height (feet) 15′ Baffle type C-Cast Approved for a mobile home installation No Shipping Weight 545 lb (247 kg) Door type Double, glass with cast iron frame Glass type Ceramic glass Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height) 29 3/4″ X 13″ Glass air-wash system Yes Premium quality blower included (CFM) 176 Overall dimension (Height) 43 3/8″ Overall dimension (Width) 50 3/4″ Overall dimension (Depth) 31 5/8″ Door opening – dimension (Height) 12 3/4″ Door opening – dimension (Width) 33″ Firebox – dimension (Height) 17″ Firebox – dimension (Width) 25 3/8″ Firebox – dimension (Depth) 17 7/8″ Moulded refractory bricks Yes Centre line of flue outlet to the side 25 3/8″ Centre line of flue outlet to the back 11 7/8″ USA standard (emissions) EPA / ASTM WK47329 Canadian Standard (emissions) CSA B415.1-10 USA standard (safety) UL 127 Canadian standard (safety) ULC-S610 Tested and listed as per applicable standards By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA) Warranty Limited lifetime Combustible top shelf to unit N.A.
APPROVED CHIMNEY TYPES
Manufacturiers* Brand Type Diameter Olympia Chimney Ventis 1″ Solid Pack 8″ (15 cm) Selkirk CF Sentinel (CF) 2″ Solid Pack 8″ (15 cm) Selkirk Super Pro 2100 (ALT) 2″ Solid Pack 8″ (15 cm) Selkirk Super Vent 2100 (JM) 2″ Solid Pack 8″ (15 cm) Security Chimney S-2100 + 2″ Solid Pack 8″ (15 cm) M&G DuraVent DuraPlus HTC 2″ Solid Pack 8″ (15 cm) M&G DuraVent DuraPlus AC Triple Wall 8″ (15 cm) American Metal HSS AC Triple Wall 8″ (15 cm) American Metal HS AC Triple Wall 8″ (15 cm)
* Specific components may be required depending on the chimney manufacturer.
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
Canada USA Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)** 84″ 84″ Clearance – combustible top shelf to unit N.A. N.A.
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner’s manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. If necessary, consult the owner’s manual for information on these clearances to combustible materials.
- Related Products