- General Details
French officer and hero of the American Revolution, Lafayette inspired Valcourt to create their newest high efficiency wood fireplace.
As the great general, Valcourt used its tactical skills in developing the Lafayette fireplace so it provides home heating with superb efficiency and elegance.
- Standard Features
Lafayette meets the highest EPA emissions requirements, making it the fireplace of choice for the new generation of consumers who want to use wood as a renewable and clean source of heat.
- BLACK DOOR OVERLAY
- BRUSHED NICKEL “CROWN” STYLE FACEPLATE
- BRUSHED NICKEL DOOR OVERLAY
- HOT AIR GRAVITY DISTRIBUTION KIT – MODERN WITH ADJUSTABLE PIPES
- PAINTED BLACK “CROWN” STYLE FACEPLATE
- PAINTED BLACK “VICTORIA” STYLE FACEPLATE
- Technical Specs
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
Fuel type : Dry cordwood Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : (*) 500 – 2,100 Firebox volume (cu. ft.) : 2.5 Maximum burn time : (*) 9 h Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2) 75,000 BTU/h (22.0 kW) Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2) (3) 11,500 BTU/h (3.4 kW) to 30,500 BTU/h (8.9 kW) Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs / Douglas fir) :(3) 55.0 % (HHV) (4) 60.0 % (LHV) (5) Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3) N.A. (HHV) (4) N.A. (LHV) (5) Optimum efficiency : (6) (7) 75 % Average particulate emissions rate : (8) 4.4 g/h Average CO : (9) N.A.
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
(*) Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
Centre line of flue outlet to the back 10 1/8″ Centre line of flue outlet to the side 18 7/8″ Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion Yes Burn rate <1 kg/h (<2.2 lb/h) Automatic or manual adjustment of combustion air supply Yes Maximum log length 21″ Log positioning Over width Chimney diameter 6″ Minimum chimney height (feet) 15′ Baffle type C-Cast Approved for a mobile home installation No Shipping Weight 405 lb (184 kg) Door type Single, glass with steel frame Glass type Ceramic glass Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height) 24 3/8″ X 12 5/8″ Glass air-wash system Yes Premium quality blower included (CFM) 176 Overall dimension (Height) 47 1/8″ Overall dimension (Width) 37 7/8″ Overall dimension (Depth) 29 5/8″ Door opening – dimension (Height) 10 3/4″ Door opening – dimension (Width) 25 1/2″ Firebox – dimension (Height) 12 1/8″ Firebox – dimension (Width) 20 7/8″ Firebox – dimension (Depth) 13″ Moulded refractory bricks Yes Cast iron andirons Yes Centre line of flue outlet to the side 18 7/8″ Centre line of flue outlet to the back 10 1/8″ USA standard (emissions) EPA Method 28 Canadian Standard (emissions) CSA B415.1-10 USA standard (safety) UL 127 Canadian standard (safety) ULC-S610 Tested and listed as per applicable standards By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA) Warranty Limited lifetime Combustible top shelf to unit 58″
APPROVED CHIMNEY TYPES
Manufacturiers* Brand Type Diameter Selkirk Ultra-Temp (UT) 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk Super Pro (SPR) 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk Super Vent (JSC) 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk Hart & Cooley (TLC) 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk Sure-Temp (ST) 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) M&G DuraVent DuraTech 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) M&G DuraVent DuraTech Canada (DTC) 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) ICC Excel 2100 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Metal Fab Temp Guard 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk UltimateOne 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Security Chimney ASHT+ 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Olympia Chimney Ventis 1″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Security Chimney S-2100 + 2″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) M&G DuraVent DuraPlus HTC 2″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk CF Sentinel (CF) 2″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk Super Pro 2100 (ALT) 2″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) Selkirk Super Vent 2100 (JM) 2″ Solid Pack 6″ (15 cm) M&G DuraVent DuraPlus AC Triple Wall 6″ (15 cm) American Metal HSS AC Triple Wall 6″ (15 cm) American Metal HS AC Triple Wall 6″ (15 cm)
* Specific components may be required depending on the chimney manufacturer.
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
Canada USA Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)** 80″ 80″ Clearance – combustible top shelf to unit 58″ 58″
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner’s manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. If necessary, consult the owner’s manual for information on these clearances to combustible materials.
- Related Products