- General Details
If you love the look and feel of a wood stove, but are attracted to the convenience offered by pellets, then the OSBURN 3000 PELLET STOVE is for you.
The Osburn 3000 displays a classic wood stove appearance, and is aesthetically consistent with other members of the Osburn product family. However, within this classic wood stove design exists state-of-the-art components for achieving the unparalleled performance and convenience of a pellet stove.
Notable internal features include a bottom-feed fuel delivery system, sophisticated electronics for greater convenience and an air wash system for keeping the large glass viewing door clean. The new Osburn 3000, a must for eco-friendly heating!
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
Fuel type : Pellet (Premium grade or better) (2)
Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : (*) 500 – 2,200
Hopper capacity : 55 lb (25 kg)
Maximum burn time : (*) 45 h
Maximum heat input rate : (3) 43,000 BTU/h (12.6 kW)
Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (4) 6,400 BTU/h (1.9 kW) to 29,300 BTU/h (8.6 kW)
Average overall efficiency : (5) 69.8% (HHV) (6) 75.3% (LHV) (7)
Optimum efficiency : (8) (9) 77.2%
Burn rate : 1.2 lb/h – 5.0 lb/h
Average particulate emissions rate : (10) 2.9 g/h
Average CO : (11) 41.2 g/h
Average electrical power consumption for ignition cycle : (12) 3.1A (372W)
Average electrical power consumption for continuous operation : (12) 2.3A (90W) – 3.1A (174W)
(1) Values are as measured per CSA B415.1-10, except for the recommended heating area, hopper capacity, maximum burn time and maximum heat input rate. Results may vary depending on pellet quality, density, length, and diameter.
(2) Grades of pellet fuel are determined by organizations such as Pellet Fuels Institute (PFI), ENplus and CANplus.
(*) Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft, heat loss factors, climate, fuel type, feed rate, fuel level, and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature considering that the space configuration and the presence of heat distribution systems have a significant impact in making heat circulation optimum.
(3) Based on the maximum burn-rate and a dry energy value of pellet at 8,600 BTU/lb.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Efficiency based on radiated and delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand.
(6) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(8) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(9) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(10) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(11) Carbon monoxyde.
(12) Unless stated otherwise, measures were taken directly at the main power source and include all electrical components present in the appliance.
High-efficiency EPA certified appliance Yes
Electronic igniter Yes
Flue outlet diameter 3″
Baffle type Stainless steel
Approved for an alcove installation Yes
Approved for a mobile home installation Yes
Shipping Weight 367 lb (167 kg)
Door type Single, glass with cast iron frame
Glass type Ceramic glass
Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height) 13 3/8″ X 7 3/4″
Glass air-wash system Yes
Premium quality blower included (CFM) 176
Noise level at 6 feet 47 dBa (+/- 3 dBa) – 59 dBa (+/- 3 dBa)
Overall dimension (Height) 32 5/8″
Overall dimension (Width) 24 3/8″
Overall dimension (Depth) 30 5/8″
Voltage and frequency 120 VAC – 60 Hz
AC Current 2.3A/120 VAC – 3.1A/120 VAC
Main control board fuses 7.5A – 250V
USA standard (emissions) EPA
Canadian Standard (emissions) CSA B415.1-10
USA standard (safety) UL 1482, ASTM E1509
Canadian standard (safety) ULC S627
Tested and listed as per applicable standards By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)
Warranty Limited lifetime
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
Clearance – back wall 3″ 3″
Clearance – placed in a corner 3″ 3″
Clearance – side wall 6″ 6″
Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)** 48″ 48″
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner’s manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.